The Alice T. Larsen Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2013 by former students and colleagues, to honor the pioneering influence of Alice T. Larsen (1924-1989), Professor of Music and Conductor of the Manitou Singers at St. Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. Managed and administered by the FMC Endowment Fund Committee, this named scholarship program will award a female Minnesota choral director or music educator a scholarship to pursue a graduate degree in choral conducting or music education at the college or university of her choice.
The first scholarship will be awarded in the spring of 2017.
Due Date 4/1/2017
- A female choral conductor or music educator working in the state of Minnesota
- Membership in ACDA is required
- Must be in pursuit of an advanced degree in choral conducting or vocal music education
- Has completed a minimum of two years of teaching vocal music or choral conducting in Minnesota
- One scholarship of $1500 will be awarded for either full or part-time graduate study
- Selection will be made by the FMC Endowment Fund Scholarship Subcommittee
Application Deadline has Expired!