AN AMERICAN PORTRAIT with MACK WILBERG
Six Auditioned SATB Minnesota High School Choirs
Friday, November 17, 2017
Trinity Lutheran Church • Stillwater (Rehearsal Location)
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church • Mahtomedi (Performance Location)
ACDA-MN is proud to announce that noted American composer/arranger will be headlining the ACDA-MN State Conference during the weekend of November 17-18, 2017.
As artistic director and conductor of the famed Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Mr. Wilberg will be featured in an exciting event featuring six auditioned SATB high school choirs performing several of Wilberg’s American folk song arrangements.
Schedule — Friday, November 17, 2017
Rehearsal of six auditioned high school choirs at Trinity Lutheran Church, Stillwater
Served at Trinity Lutheran Church (catered by Brines Market, Stillwater)
Combined rehearsals continue
Transfer of festival choirs to St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, Mahtomedi
Combined rehearsals continue at concert venue
Italian Buffet Dinner:
Served at St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church (catered by Donatelli’s, Vadnais Heights)
Solo Choir rehearsals on stage
Concert performance (8:00-9:30 pm) at St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church, Mahtomedi
Note: meal costs charged to participating choirs
Concert Program — Friday, November 17, 2017
St. Andrew’s Lutheran Church • Mahtomedi
All Choirs (#1-6) performing Wilberg arrangement #1 (conducted by Wilberg)
Special Note: Solo pieces are to be selected from the American folk song genre, non-Wilberg arrangements
Choir 1 & 2: (staged/positioned side by side)
Choir 1 solo piece #1
Choir 2 solo piece #1
Choir 1 solo piece #2
Choir 2 solo piece #2
Combined Choir 1 & 2: Wilberg arrangement #2 (conducted by Wilberg)
Choir 3 & 4: (staged/positioned side by side)
Choir 3 solo piece #1
Choir 4 solo piece #1
Choir 3 solo piece #2
Choir 4 solo piece #2
Combined Choir 3 & 4: Wilberg arrangement #3 (conducted by Wilberg)
Choir 5 & 6: (staged/positioned side by side)
Choir 5 solo piece #1
Choir 6 solo piece #1
Choir 5 solo piece #2
Choir 6 solo piece #2
Combined Choir 5 & 6: Wilberg arrangement #4 (conducted by Wilberg)
All Choirs (#1-6) performing Wilberg arrangement #5 (conducted by Wilberg)
In summary: Selected choirs sing two solo pieces, and three Wilberg arrangements with combined choirs and/or groupings.
AUDITION & APPLICATION INFORMATION
- Exclusive On-Line Applications submitted through Opus Event
- No cost to audition
- Received by Friday, March 31, 10:00 pm
- Access to Opus Event audition tutorial
Items needed to apply on Opus Event
- Personal Member and Institution Contact Information
- ACDA Member Number and Expiration Date (current membership required)
- Upload mp3 format three contrasting recordings from last two academic years (2015-16 and 2016-17)
- Upload in pdf format, programs representing each recording
- Upload in pdf format, signed Administrative Certificate of Approval to apply and/or appear at the Conference
- Must be recorded in mp3 format
- Submit complete selections only
- Total recording time should be between 8 and 12 minutes
- March 31, 10:00 pm – Uploaded application items and recordings entered via Opus Event
- April 15 – Director notification via phone or email message from Conference Chair
- Conductor must be a current member of ACDA, and employed in the same position for two academic years (2015-16 and 2016-17).
- ACDA does not assume any financial responsibility for travel, food, or lodging for performance groups.
- The application implies that the choir is prepared to travel to and perform at the conference if selected.
- Conductor must officially register at the posted registration rates for the conference in the day/weekend that their ensemble is performing.
- In the interest of fairness, ACDA reserves the right to select ensembles who have not recently been scheduled on conference programs.
- Failure to comply with any or all of the specifications in the application process will automatically disqualify the application.
- ACDA reserves the right to approve any applications for appearance and to edit all materials proposed for distribution.
ACCESS TO OPUS EVENT
Wilberg Americana Step by Step Guide to OpusEvent.com